Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tool # 9

I think it is important to tie technology to the objective because it's a way you can show that students are learning through technology and not just using it to play or pass the time. Students can learn through games in the iPods and iPads, we just need to show what they are learning. 
Students need to be accountable for what they are doing in stations/centers so that they know they are there to learn and that there is a purpose to what they are doing at that station/center. By holding students accountable teachers can also make sure students are doing their work when they go to that station/center.
The 2 interactive websites that I liked were Studyladder and LearningGames for Kids. I would put these two websites as a shortcut in the Netbooks so that my students could open them when they go to the Computer center. I would hold students accountable by having them draw a picture of the game they played.
The apps I found that I could use in my classroom are 123 Animal counting, Cute Math, and Hen House I would download these apps in the iPods I use for math tubs and have students use them during math tub rotation. To hold my students accountable I would have students talk to me about the game they played.
Like I said in by Tool # 8 post I like to use the iPods and iPads in many different ways. I like using them as their own learning station as well as integrate them into other stations depending on the app I want my students to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment