Monday, July 2, 2012

Tool # 6

For  tool # 6 I really liked Skype and TodaysMeet. I think these are two tools I could use with my PreK students and the other PreK classrooms.
I could use TodaysMeet to get students talking as a whole group with other classes about different units we are studying. Students could discuss what they are learning, what they are excited about and also at the end what they learned. My example on my link shows how my students can have a discussion with another class after a visit to a field trip. TodaysMeet
I also liked Skype because is a way students can communicate with other students across the school or even in other school campuses. I plan to use Skype during my learning centers to promote conversations with other students in the school. By putting Skype in the library center students could read a book to another student in another classroom or share a drawing or story with them. I already set up my Skype account and I can't wait to try it out when we go back to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment